The word ‘fitspo’ is often thrown around, but Halle Berry is someone who embodies the term. At age 53, the actress looks at least 20 years younger, and is just as fit (if not fitter, judging by her enviable abs) as the average 20-year-old. Luckily for us, the John Wick 3 actress is very forthcoming with her (not-so-secret) diet and exercise secrets, regularly sharing diet tips and workout tricks on her instagram.
HALLE BERRY’S WORKOUTS
Berry trains with her long time personal trainer Peter Lee Thomas and regularly mixes it up, opting for varied workouts over repetition. Berry regularly incorporates MMA-style cardio workouts (she’s also currently training for a role as an MMA fighter in the upcoming film Bruised), strength training, plyometric training, running, yoga, stretching, and boxing into her exercise regime.
Boxing is a particular favourite of Berry’s, with the actress having been a fan of the workout for over a decade. “You’ll sculpt every muscle and burn major calories and fat. It dramatically decreases stress levels, develops hand-eye coordination, and builds confidence and discipline,” Berry said of the sport in an instagram post from 2018.
HALLE BERRY’S DIET
The Academy Award winner’s diet combines the principles of keto and intermittent fasting. In an instagram story from 2018, Berry revealed that she typically eats two meals a day, foregoing breakfast, with her trainer Thomas later elaborating in an interview from 2019, saying she generally eats after her first workout of the day, combining breakfast and lunch. Her average diet consists of:
- 250-350mLs water with a squeeze of lemon
- Amino acids
- Bulletproof coffee made with 1-2tsp of MCT oil
- Chicken or steak with a salad made from dark leafy greens like kale and spinach
- 2-3 whole eggs with dark leafy greens
- Lamb chops
- Ketogenic stew made with cauliflower, broccoli, and lean protein
- Ketogenic chilli made with veggies and grass-fed beef
Throughout the day, Berry also snacks on:
- Organic veggie sticks like cucumber and celery
- Blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries
- Avocado ice cream made by blending frozen avocados, almond milk, heavy cream, sweetener, lime/lemon juice, mint extract, and salt together.
Want pro diet + fitness tips, new menu reveals and exclusive discounts? Subscribe to our newsletter and join The MACROS Movement.